Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crime TV

To start off I should let you know that I am a huge fan of crime television such as Investigation Discovery Channel and Crime and Investigation Channel.  Those channels have to be my favorite and I could watch them both all day long and it drives my wife crazy but I do not care this stuff can be so amazing how they solve crimes.  These shows also help me to realize, that even in today's society, the types of sick mother fuckers that move around us every day.  I am currently watching a show about a serial killer that confessed to all of these murders but with one problem, someone else was already convicted for one of those murders.  So that got me thinking about how many people are serving time for crimes that they have never committed.  Now my mind is really going in all directions because are any of us really innocent, I know, I break the law everyday when I drive to work by speeding or not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign and maybe by keeping that dollar that I was accidentally given back as change.  Then there are the crimes that maybe we do not consider as crimes but should be, like when you see a weaker person being verbally or even physically assaulted but we decide that's none of our business so we should just stay out of it.  It reminds me of something that happened the other day in the grocery store, I was behind a young couple and this guy was acting like he was going to punch the girl that was with him.  Over and over she told him to stop but he was just some young kid that was thinking he was tough, but I just told myself stay out of it, this is none of my business.  I also noticed that my blood had started to boil and it was time to say something but as my breaking point was reached they walked in the opposite direction than I was.  So now lets take this further and hypothetically this young person decides to act on his aggression by beating this poor girl to death am I just as guilty for her death because I did not try to put a stop to it in the store.  Just so you know I was not the only one that noticed this and chose to ignore it, there was at least 10 people that looked and then looked away.  Have we become a society that says as long as it is not happening to me then it is not happening at all.  Well hell I do not have the answers I guess just read and think what can I do in my daily life to help others around me.  Well I think I have decided to blog once again so watch out world this sick mind of mine has a lot to say.

Posted via email from jbmendoza's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment